Sunday, November 26, 2017

聖經的英文- claim

John 14:30 , chapter 14, verse 30

... the ruler of the world is coming, he has no claim on me.


allegiance /al'i:dzh.ns/
accusatory /ak'yoo z.tori/

//=== http://www.dictionary.com/browse/allegiance

noun
1. the loyalty of a citizen to his or her government or of a subject to his or her sovereign.
2. loyalty or devotion to some person, group, cause, or the like.


//=== http://www.johnpiippo.com/2009/11/why-prinice-of-this-world-had-no-hold.html
...

The prince of this world” is kingdom-language. It’s two-kingdom theology.
Jesus was a two-kingdom theologian.
The kingdom-bifurcation goes like this:
- kingdom of God or
- kingdom of satan,

- kingdom of heaven or
- kingdom of earth;

- kingdom of light or
- kingdom of darkness.

To Jesus, persons give allegiance to one of these two kingdoms.

The Jesus-movement is a rescue mission to save (“sozo”) persons out of the kingdom of darkness
and deliver them into the kingdom of light.

The real King is Jesus himself, and his kingdom is “not of this world.”
It’s an upside-down kingdom that inverts the prevailing, oppressive social hierarchy.

The word “sin” is defined in terms of these two kingdoms.

“Sin” is essentially non-love for the real King, and thus rebellion against God.
Every act of sin is an act of allegiance to the prince of this world; aka satan, our adversary.

When Jesus says that the prince of this world has no hold on him,
the Greek words contain a double negative that literally reads,
“This world’s ruler does not have anything on me at all.”

This is legal language, prosecuting attorney accusatory-language.
Jesus tells his disciples that he is “not guilty.” Of what? Of lovelessness and rebellion; viz., of sin.

Satan’s non-claim on Jesus proves his love for the Father.

Jesus’ thorough, total love for the Father results in him, in every detail,
doing exactly as his Father commands.

In Jesus the Son there is not one slight whiff of rebellion, not one moment of un-love.

For this reason, and this reason alone, satan has no claim on Jesus.

Jesus does not deserve the cross. But he goes to the cross out of perfect obedience to the Father,
and out of his love for you and for me.

...


//=== http://biblehub.com/john/14-30.htm

John 14:30 , chapter 14, verse 30

New International Version
I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me,

New Living Translation
"I don't have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me,

English Standard Version
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,


Berean Study Bible
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming, and he has no claim on Me.

Berean Literal Bible
No longer will I speak much with you; for the ruler of this world comes, and in Me he has nothing.

New American Standard Bible
"I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;


King James Bible
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.


...

NET Bible
I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me,


New Heart English Bible
I will not speak with you much longer, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has no hold on me.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“After this I will not be speaking much with you, for The Prince of the world is coming and he has nothing to use against me.


...